The candy grapes recipe makes a festive snack and lovely cake decoration. This recipe is incredibly simple, easy, and enjoyable for any occasion. I truly wanted to create something that was not only delicious and lovely but also just a little healthier. Take it lightly when I say ”touch” because these are sugar-coated.
Yes, they are sugared fruit and grapes are just as wonderful as their own. Always practice moderation, especially around the holidays. We have been making this dish for a while and we just can’t get enough of it. It is quite easy to put together. So why not? Right?
How does this recipe work?
- This recipe is incredibly easy to make
- Requires few ingredients
- You can twice the amount for the accommodation of more guests
- This can be used as a decoration or a snack.
- Seedless grapes
- Granulated sugar
How to make candied grapes recipe:
- In a small saucepan, combine water and half the sugar. Until the sugar is melted, stir continually over medium heat. When the liquid is clear, you can tell it is ready. Allow cooling at room temperature.
- Make sure the grapes are thoroughly coated in the sugar water before adding them.
- The grapes should be put on a weird rack over a sheet tray using a stooled spoon. Grapes should not touch and they should be left to sit for an hour.
- Roll the grapes in the remaining sugar, one at a time, and spread them out on a platter. Continue until every grape is covered with sugar.
- Let sit on the sheet tray for an additional hour. Serve right away.
What types of grapes shall I use for the candy grapes recipe?
For this recipe, I adore using the large red and green seedless grapes. You can use any of your preferred grapes. However, we prefer to use seedless grapes.
Can I coat the grapes in anything else?
Yes, we have previously coated these in different materials to give them a varied flavor. Kool-Aid, crushed-up jolly ranchers, fun dip, and others are a few suggestions.
You can use anything sweet that is or can be ground into a powder for this candy grapes recipe.
How to store candied grapes?
These can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if they are kept in an airtight container. These can also be frozen. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months if they are placed in a freezer bag. Enjoy after refrigeration to defrost.
- Use the colors we prefer even though we prefer red and green grapes.
- See the advice above for further coating options.
- These can be consumed as a snack or used as a wonderful cake topper.
- You can freeze this, for instructions, see my advice above.
Looking for a quick holiday dish for a snack or decoration? Look no further since you have found what you need in this candy grapes recipe.
Read More: Mexican candy shot recipe