I cannot agree that one can always have all the ingredients in his pantry when trying any recipe. Therefore I thought why not try pancakes without milk recipe. However in Greece and Rome pancakes are made of wheat, olive oil, flour, and honey. But we’re gonna try it more easily.
Although British pancakes have no rising agent while American has. Also, pancakes are known as pancakes in the Uk. Moreover, this recipe can save you time as well. However, milk is only to provide the liquid structure to the batter and other liquids can do the trick as well. But make sure to add vanilla, butter, or sugar to the batter if not using milk, in order to make the pancakes fluffy.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time 20
- Category: Breakfast
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- All-purpose flour 1 and a half cup
- Butter 3 tablespoon
- Baking powder 3 and a half teaspoon
- Egg 1
- Granulated sugar 1 and a half teaspoon
- Water 1 and a half cup
- Salt ½ teaspoon
The consistency of the pancakes batter must be the same as normal cake batter.
SUBSTITUTES TO THE MILK :
- Coconut milk
- Almond milk
- Hemp milk
- Heavy cream plus water
- Cashew milk
- Also, milk adds taste to the pancakes which water cannot. Therefore the above substitutes can be used instead.
- Firstly you have to shift the flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Secondly in the middle make a well and pour water, butter, vanilla, and egg into it, and whisk until smooth.
- Thirdly put a nonstick pan on medium heat.
- Now what you have to do is pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. And when bubbles appear on the cake, flip it. Now Continue cooking until completely cooked. Also, make sure the color of the pancakes is brown. Now remove the pan from the heat.
- Pancakes without milk recipe is ready to eat. Also, You can serve it in breakfast and as a snack as well.
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 3.9
- Fat 0.4
- Carbohydrates 35.7 g
- Protein: 3.9g
Other Pancake recipe Keto low carb pancakes recipe with almond flour