This recipe is so delicious. It is cheesy veggies casserole. Basically, it’s a french summer vegetable recipe. But the roasted version of it is also tasty. It contains bell paprika sauce including tomatoes. It has vegetable slices on top. And the topping is done with melted cheese. The baked ratatouille recipe with cheese is vegan as well as a side dish.
Difference between ratatouille and casserole:
Ratatouille recipe is also called Provencal vegetable tian. Traditional ratatouille is made by frying veggies in pan. You have to fry each vegetable separately and stew all of them together. While in confit by Aldi vegetables are baked in the oven.
Have you ever watched a movie names ratatouille?. If no so go for it. It’s a really nice movie for kids but interesting as well. The story in the movie is about a rat who cooks and wants to become a chef. Once a critic visits his restaurant and the dish which rat makes for him is ratatouille in confit by aldi form.
In this article of the recipe, the bell pepper sauce is gonna enter into it. I like potatoes therefore I’ve added them in the recipe which makes it look more fullest. You can exclude any of the vegetables which you don’t like and add the one which goes with your tummy.
Gruyere cheese :
Gruyere cheese is a swiss cheese which is hard with good flavor and quick melting. It really tastes well when used in any dish. But if you’re unable to find it, you can use any other kind of melting cheese.
Ingredients for sauce:
- 2 tablespoons frying oil
- 1 medium onion
- Cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons French seasoning Herbes de Provence
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 (14 oz/400ml) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 small/medium zucchini
- 1 small/medium yellow squash
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 ½ cups (150g) shredded Gruyere cheese or other melting cheese3 medium potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Baked ratatouille recipe with cheese
- Firstly chop bell pepper, onion and garlic finely.
- Secondly, take a frying pan and heat oil on medium flame. Add onion and cook 10 seconds.
- Add herbs and garlic. And cook for 1
- Add bell pepper after that and keep stirring from time to time.
- Then add tomatoes and stir the sauce for 10 to 15 minutes. Then add balsamic vinegar and cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend the sauce and make a puree of it.
- Chop potatoes and other vegetables finely and cut the potatoes a bit thin from other vegetables.
- Preheat the oven on 425°F / 220c.
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish with a spoon.
- Arrange the veggies in a baking tray in an organized pattern. Infill the entire baking dish.
- Sprinkle herbs and some salt and pepper on the veggies. Also, you can add a bit of olive oil.
- Bake if for 45 minutes until the veggies get brown and the sauce is bubbled. Then you can take the tray into the upper portion of the oven to briefly bake the sides of the vegetables.
- Add grated cheese and broiled it until the cheese gets melted.
The baked ratatouille recipe with cheese is ready to serve. Usually, it’s served as the main course but you can have it as a side dish as well.
The recipe is extremely easy and I bet you can do it for the first time your try it. The taste is really gonna be special and superior over the other dishes on the table. I usually serve it in lunch because for me veggies are something for lunchtime. And when the cheese comes with it. Oh it’s so yummy! Baked ratatouille recipe with cheese
- 20 minutes
- 45 minutests
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board